Grand Theft Morals, or ultimate role model? is a piece written for Tech Leader, the M&G’s new offering in the Thought Leader stable. In the article I highlight some of the learning outcomes associated with digital games. Then I hold up Grand Theft Auto IV against that light, and see if what we know about digital games-based learning still shines through. In case you don’t know, GTA IV is the most popular game of all time, and is also extremely violent.
AboutI'm an edtech and innovation specialist, with particular experience in mobile learning in Africa. All thoughts on this blog are my own.
- Policy brief: Who should go back to school first in South Africa? nicspaull.com/2020/05/10/pol… via @wordpressdotcom 3 weeks ago
- RT @artistjaneadams: Contact tracing can sound very scary, and there are concerns about a potential invasion of privacy. @ncasenmare explai… 3 weeks ago
- RT @SimonGear: If anyone had any doubt that alcohol kills South Africans... Ignore the CV line. Just look at the unnatural deaths forecast… 3 weeks ago
- How young UNICEF reporters in Montenegro are helping fact-check COVID-19 information voicesofyouth.org/blog/how-young… 3 weeks ago
- AI produced music by OpenAI -- not bad! soundcloud.com/openai_audio 3 weeks ago