Grand Theft Morals, or ultimate role model? is a piece written for Tech Leader, the M&G’s new offering in the Thought Leader stable. In the article I highlight some of the learning outcomes associated with digital games. Then I hold up Grand Theft Auto IV against that light, and see if what we know about digital games-based learning still shines through. In case you don’t know, GTA IV is the most popular game of all time, and is also extremely violent.
AboutI'm an edtech and innovation specialist, with particular experience in mobile learning in Africa. All thoughts on this blog are my own.
- RT @WolfieChristl: My proposal for redesigning EU 'cookie consent' notifications. Can we at least require websites to use the one on the b… 2 weeks ago
- @UNESCO Don’t Miss it! Call for applications and nominations is now open to become a UNESCO International Literacy… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- 4 Artificial Intelligence Use Cases for Global Health from USAID - ICTworks ictworks.org/artificial-int… via @ICT_works 3 weeks ago
- Super interesting - but will it pass? "Proposed bill would forbid big tech platforms from using dark pattern design" tcrn.ch/2D4mJFm 3 weeks ago
- UNICEF Consultancy: Research analyst to review AI strategies, policies and guidelines - apply by 16 April unicef.org/about/employ/?… 1 month ago