Grand Theft Morals, or ultimate role model? is a piece written for Tech Leader, the M&G’s new offering in the Thought Leader stable. In the article I highlight some of the learning outcomes associated with digital games. Then I hold up Grand Theft Auto IV against that light, and see if what we know about digital games-based learning still shines through. In case you don’t know, GTA IV is the most popular game of all time, and is also extremely violent.
AboutI'm an edtech and innovation specialist, with particular experience in mobile learning in Africa. All thoughts on this blog are my own.
- Authentic and inspiring video series: Coping with COVID-19 - Adolescent girls around the world film their lives und… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Over the past decade, countries have missed out on $1 trillion in GDP as a result of women’s exclusion from the dig… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @UNICEF: Historic moment: The Human Rights Council has just adopted the resolution recognizing the right to a clean, healthy and sustain… 2 days ago
- Kids and their computers: Several hours a day of screen time is OK, study suggests theconversation.com/kids-and-their… 2 days ago
- Great to see colleague @ampenagos presenting UNICEF's #ai4chilren work at the ITU's AI for Road Safety launch youtu.be/4TXecgy7T0w?t=… 4 days ago