Grand Theft Morals, or ultimate role model? is a piece written for Tech Leader, the M&G’s new offering in the Thought Leader stable. In the article I highlight some of the learning outcomes associated with digital games. Then I hold up Grand Theft Auto IV against that light, and see if what we know about digital games-based learning still shines through. In case you don’t know, GTA IV is the most popular game of all time, and is also extremely violent.
AboutI'm an edtech and innovation specialist, with particular experience in mobile learning in Africa. All thoughts on this blog are my own.
- Meghan Markle Introduces the British Monarchy to the African-American Experience nyti.ms/2IOMEoV 1 day ago
- UNESCO International Literacy Prizes 2018 call for applications and nominations en.unesco.org/news/unesco-in… via @unesco 3 days ago
- It's great to see the openly licensed Global Digital Library for early reading live digitallibrary.io @USAID @noradno 3 days ago
- Watch the @IIEP_UNESCO #StrategicDebate 'Can education systems anticipate the challenges of AI?" I was a discussant youtube.com/watch?v=ScQf_0… 5 days ago
- Question for #DigitalAfrica - the LinkedIn stats for South Africa are very interesting linkedin.com/pulse/toward-l… - bu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago