Grand Theft Morals, or ultimate role model? is a piece written for Tech Leader, the M&G’s new offering in the Thought Leader stable. In the article I highlight some of the learning outcomes associated with digital games. Then I hold up Grand Theft Auto IV against that light, and see if what we know about digital games-based learning still shines through. In case you don’t know, GTA IV is the most popular game of all time, and is also extremely violent.
AboutI'm an edtech and innovation specialist, with particular experience in mobile learning in Africa. All thoughts on this blog are my own.
- COVID-19 and children’s digital privacy - short brief from UNICEF @ampenagos @meowtree unicef.org/globalinsight/… 1 day ago
- Economist podcast: Can mobile-phone data help curb contagion? -- a good case study out of Belgium economist.com/podcasts/2020/… 5 days ago
- Joint Civil Society Statement: States use of digital surveillance technologies to fight pandemic must respect human… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- For your kids ... twitter.com/voicesofyouth/… 1 week ago
- Coronavirus Ended the Screen-Time Debate. Screens Won. nyti.ms/2UQvxqt 1 week ago