Grand Theft Morals, or ultimate role model? is a piece written for Tech Leader, the M&G’s new offering in the Thought Leader stable. In the article I highlight some of the learning outcomes associated with digital games. Then I hold up Grand Theft Auto IV against that light, and see if what we know about digital games-based learning still shines through. In case you don’t know, GTA IV is the most popular game of all time, and is also extremely violent.
AboutI'm an edtech and innovation specialist, with particular experience in mobile learning in Africa. All thoughts on this blog are my own.
- The most cogent argument for big tech regulation I've heard - by Marietje Schaake at Stanford's AI Ethics, Policy,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- Apply now! UNICEF Consultancy: Project Assistant for AI and Child Rights Policy Project, 11.5 months unicef.org/about/employ/?… 1 month ago
- See #7: Children's digital footprint must be protected! twitter.com/unicefchief/st… 1 month ago
- UNICEF Webinar on Digital Literacy and Children. Join @fabionascimbeni @Jasmina_Byrne and myself on Thur 12 Sept… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- The Baroness Fighting to Protect Children Online nyti.ms/2zl42ez 2 months ago