Grand Theft Morals, or ultimate role model? is a piece written for Tech Leader, the M&G’s new offering in the Thought Leader stable. In the article I highlight some of the learning outcomes associated with digital games. Then I hold up Grand Theft Auto IV against that light, and see if what we know about digital games-based learning still shines through. In case you don’t know, GTA IV is the most popular game of all time, and is also extremely violent.
AboutI'm an edtech and innovation specialist, with particular experience in mobile learning in Africa. All thoughts on this blog are my own.
- John Carr: When it comes to big tech, "robust scepticism has to be the order of the day" johnc1912.wordpress.com/2019/07/21/ouc… 3 weeks ago
- How credit unions could help people make the most of personal data mitsloan.mit.edu/ideas-made-to-… via @MITSloan 1 month ago
- Here’s How Elon Musk Plans to Put a Computer in Your Brain wired.com/story/heres-ho… via @WIRED 1 month ago
- The FTC looks to change children's privacy law following complaints about YouTube tcrn.ch/2O13mVH via @techcrunch 1 month ago
- RT @unicefchief: How can we harness artificial intelligence to promote and protect the rights of children around the world? Watch to find… 1 month ago