Grand Theft Morals, or ultimate role model? is a piece written for Tech Leader, the M&G’s new offering in the Thought Leader stable. In the article I highlight some of the learning outcomes associated with digital games. Then I hold up Grand Theft Auto IV against that light, and see if what we know about digital games-based learning still shines through. In case you don’t know, GTA IV is the most popular game of all time, and is also extremely violent.
AboutI'm an edtech and innovation specialist, with particular experience in mobile learning in Africa. All thoughts on this blog are my own.
- RT @firstleafclub: Take our 1-minute quiz and get 6 bottles of award-winning wine delivered to your doorstep for just $39.95! We're up to… 21 hours ago
- RT @JarmoSareva: In early 2019, it was @stevevosloo of @UNICEF whom I first heard ask this question: “what does it mean to be a child in th… 2 days ago
- UNICEF and Government of Finland AI for Children Project - latest update with workshop reports and more mailchi.mp/5e8ab056fd60/a… #ai4children 6 days ago
- Youth recommendation on AI: companies and parents need to listen to kid's voices on AI; AI needs to be taught in sc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 weeks ago
- Youth voices on AI panel happening now at #CogX2020 youtube.com/watch?v=PAzxrT… #ai4children #UNICEF (thanks @maria_axente) 4 weeks ago