Grand Theft Morals, or ultimate role model? is a piece written for Tech Leader, the M&G’s new offering in the Thought Leader stable. In the article I highlight some of the learning outcomes associated with digital games. Then I hold up Grand Theft Auto IV against that light, and see if what we know about digital games-based learning still shines through. In case you don’t know, GTA IV is the most popular game of all time, and is also extremely violent.
AboutI'm an edtech and innovation specialist, with particular experience in mobile learning in Africa. All thoughts on this blog are my own.
- RT @TheMikeAppel: The CEO of Charlotte Maxeke Academic Hospital in Johannesburg told @DrZweliMkhize yesterday that the #alcoholban led to t… 11 hours ago
- TikTok: All under-16s' accounts made private bbc.com/news/technolog… 11 hours ago
- New UNICEF report: What is the landscape of digital government services for children? What facilitates child-sensit… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 11 hours ago
- WSJ Video: As Covid-19 changed their lives, a few US high-schoolers share unexpected upsides… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 16 hours ago
- Great to see UNICEF's Policy Guidance on AI for Children shortlisted as a promising responsible AI initiative by th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago