Grand Theft Morals, or ultimate role model? is a piece written for Tech Leader, the M&G’s new offering in the Thought Leader stable. In the article I highlight some of the learning outcomes associated with digital games. Then I hold up Grand Theft Auto IV against that light, and see if what we know about digital games-based learning still shines through. In case you don’t know, GTA IV is the most popular game of all time, and is also extremely violent.
AboutI'm an edtech and innovation specialist, with particular experience in mobile learning in Africa. All thoughts on this blog are my own.
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning experts needed for short term job chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/care… and chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/care… 1 week ago
- A Plea for AI That Serves Humanity Instead of Replacing It wired.com/story/a-plea-f… via @WIRED 1 month ago
- Bill Could Give Californians Unprecedented Control Over Data wired.com/story/new-priv… via @WIRED 1 month ago
- An explanation of net neutrality by Burger King youtube.com/watch?v=ltzy5v… @jarredcinman 2 months ago
- WIRED: Inside Amazon's Painstaking Pursuit to Teach Alexa French (I can sympathise) wired.com/story/how-amaz… 2 months ago