Grand Theft Morals, or ultimate role model? is a piece written for Tech Leader, the M&G’s new offering in the Thought Leader stable. In the article I highlight some of the learning outcomes associated with digital games. Then I hold up Grand Theft Auto IV against that light, and see if what we know about digital games-based learning still shines through. In case you don’t know, GTA IV is the most popular game of all time, and is also extremely violent.
AboutI'm a digital policy, innovation and edtech specialist, with particular experience in mobile learning in Africa. All thoughts on this blog are my own.
- Playful by Design Tool by @Livingstone_S et al - great work! miro.com/app/board/uXjV… 2 days ago
- RT @CatNaviDesk: みんにゃで呼び鈴🛎🐈 https://t.co/P2pW2Lth85 3 days ago
- Designing for Child Rights event tomorrow - how to bring an Age Appropriate Design Code to Germany. Presenting alon… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- RT @MohamedFall: In #SouthAfrica, 3 children have their lives violently cut short each day. Much of this violence is happening at home, whe… 1 month ago
- Sweeping Children’s Online Safety Bill Is Passed in California nytimes.com/2022/08/30/bus… 1 month ago