Grand Theft Morals, or ultimate role model? is a piece written for Tech Leader, the M&G’s new offering in the Thought Leader stable. In the article I highlight some of the learning outcomes associated with digital games. Then I hold up Grand Theft Auto IV against that light, and see if what we know about digital games-based learning still shines through. In case you don’t know, GTA IV is the most popular game of all time, and is also extremely violent.
AboutI'm an edtech and innovation specialist, with particular experience in mobile learning in Africa. All thoughts on this blog are my own.
- "Should Organizations Link Responsible AI and Corporate Social Responsibility? It’s Complicated." My take at MIT Re… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- New UNICEF Report Card: Places and Spaces - Environments and children's well-being unicef-irc.org/places-and-spa… 2 days ago
- New Pew Study: Support for more regulation of tech companies has declined in U.S. - will be interesting to see how… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- RT @CooneyCenter: We’re thrilled to be launching the Responsible Innovation in Technology initiative with @LEGOpolicy today! Download the r… 2 weeks ago
- Opinion piece by @MarietjeSchaake in FT: Privacy concerns should not block EU’s attempts to curb big tech power ft.com/content/b57d33… 1 month ago