Grand Theft Morals, or ultimate role model? is a piece written for Tech Leader, the M&G’s new offering in the Thought Leader stable. In the article I highlight some of the learning outcomes associated with digital games. Then I hold up Grand Theft Auto IV against that light, and see if what we know about digital games-based learning still shines through. In case you don’t know, GTA IV is the most popular game of all time, and is also extremely violent.
AboutI'm an edtech and innovation specialist, with particular experience in mobile learning in Africa. All thoughts on this blog are my own.
- Great UNICEF consultancy gig: AI Lead, Office of Innovation jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/5… @vdignum 1 day ago
- A tragedy to see Table Mountain and the University of Cape Town burning #CapeTownFire Thoughts and prayers for the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @RobertG_Jenkins: "The first key goal for all of us is bringing every child back to school...we need accelerated learning programs, catc… 3 days ago
- In 2040, "Privacy and anonymity may effectively disappear by choice or government mandate, as all aspects of person… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- My university professor predicted that one day only the wealthy would have access to offline spaces. Print, for tho… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago