Grand Theft Morals, or ultimate role model? is a piece written for Tech Leader, the M&G’s new offering in the Thought Leader stable. In the article I highlight some of the learning outcomes associated with digital games. Then I hold up Grand Theft Auto IV against that light, and see if what we know about digital games-based learning still shines through. In case you don’t know, GTA IV is the most popular game of all time, and is also extremely violent.
AboutI'm an edtech and innovation specialist, with particular experience in mobile learning in Africa. All thoughts on this blog are my own.
- Post about the recent Design workshop in Copenhagen - Designing better products for children: From rights and princ… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- German Regulators Just Outlawed Facebook's Whole Ad Business wired.com/story/germany-… via @WIRED 1 week ago
- Amazing UNICEF Consultancy Job - Children & Digital Technology Researcher (1 year in Florence, Italy) unicef.org/about/employ/?… 3 weeks ago
- Universal internet access unlikely until at least 2050, experts say theguardian.com/technology/201… 1 month ago
- "One of the biggest challenges in protecting privacy is that many of the violations are invisible." bit.ly/2ssmtKM 1 month ago