A very belated post on the International Conference on eLearning (ICeL), which I have blogged about. Some thoughts and reflections:
- The conference was definitely worth attending, with a varied and wide range of topics covered (elearning is a very broad category after all!)
- The research is grounded in reality.
- Hosting the conference in South Africa (SA) generated fresh perspectives on our education and technology challenges.
- Education-related problems are very similar all over the world.
- The foreign delegates were surprised by the high-level of mobile uptake and level of service in Africa.
I recommend the conference and hope to attend again in the future.