Dr. Marion Walton, senior lecturer at the University of Cape Town’s Centre for Film and Media Studies, invited me to present to her students on serious games and learning in South Africa. I introduced games and learning, serious games as a genre within that space, and then discussed how these relate to the South African context.
AboutI'm a digital policy, innovation and edtech specialist, with particular experience in mobile learning in Africa. All thoughts on this blog are my own.
- Interesting that in the Economist's 10 Trends to Watch in 2023, the only digital item is the metaverse (and passkey… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 15 hours ago
- RT @ai_saidot: Wonder who's going to be impacted by the #AIAct? Check the latest blog post of our CEO @meerihaataja 👇 https://t.co/IEiK8s6S… 2 weeks ago
- The metaverse (the concept, not Meta) is one of Gartner’s Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2023… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- Cryptocurrency Regulation Tracker from the @AtlanticCouncil - very useful atlanticcouncil.org/programs/geoec… @Thomas_unicef 2 weeks ago
- UNICEF: Expression of Interest for the Roster Gender & Technology Consultants 2023-25 has just been advertised jobs.unicef.org/en-us/job/5566… 3 weeks ago