Harnessing ICTs for greater access to education for girls and women is a presentation given at the GWI (Graduate Women International) Conference in Cape Town. It covers some of the educational opportunities provided by technology uptake, what Pearson is doing in this space through Project Literacy and Every Child Learning, and the key challenges that remain to realising this potential.
AboutI'm an edtech and innovation specialist, with particular experience in mobile learning in Africa. All thoughts on this blog are my own.
- RT @JarmoSareva: In early 2019, it was @stevevosloo of @UNICEF whom I first heard ask this question: “what does it mean to be a child in th… 23 hours ago
- UNICEF and Government of Finland AI for Children Project - latest update with workshop reports and more mailchi.mp/5e8ab056fd60/a… #ai4children 4 days ago
- Youth recommendation on AI: companies and parents need to listen to kid's voices on AI; AI needs to be taught in sc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- Youth voices on AI panel happening now at #CogX2020 youtube.com/watch?v=PAzxrT… #ai4children #UNICEF (thanks @maria_axente) 3 weeks ago
- IBM will no longer offer, develop, or research facial recognition technology theverge.com/2020/6/8/21284… 3 weeks ago